Global Constructor Set
- Must give powers of production to local communities,
- Open source CNC torch
- Factory Farm in Missouri
- Camping with powertools, high technology
- Taking open source models into real production
- Metric for success is how many people are using it
- Are we reinventing the wheel? Yes. Open Sourcing the wheel.
- Solar power as the basis of economy
- Process is transparent, open for contribution
- Communities that can do it themselves
- Can't depend on geopolitical resources for things
- Not opposed to trade, but what you can produce locally - you should
- Seeding, not feeding - in a world where your hardware is centralized, your software will never be truly open
- Balance this with urban slums, this is one part. Providing tools to see what people do with them.
- What is the optimal community? 200 is an experiment Marcin can handle
- Opt-in culture - when you CAN do it yourself, and everything is shared, you choose who you deal with.
- Solarfire P32
- Last a lifetime