Here's the list to date. Feel free to add your name and some information about yourself. For easier scanning, please keep the list in alphabetical order by last name.
Note: When you add external links, the wiki software requires you to solve the simple addition/subtraction math problem at the top of the page and re-submit the change. Sorry for the extra step, but it's there to block spam bots.
- Professor in EECS at UC Berkeley -- Research in Robotics and Machine Learning -- Example Applications: Autonomous Helicopter Flight, Personal Robotics
- @nadavaha, +Nadav Aharony, MIT Media Lab PhD: "The Social fMRI - Measuring and Designing Social Mechanisms using Mobile Phones", Android Team at Google, human dynamics, mobile sensing, communication technologies, information security, privacy, mobile activism, open source, Funf.org, Co-Founder at Behavio.
- Hello. I am a librarian. Right now I am the State Librarian of California. I am very interested intersection of the human and tech role that libraries play in our changing turning globe. Can't wait to meet you all! @librarychica
- @waxpancake, blogs at waxy.org. Working on XOXO, an arts & technology festival celebrating creative disruption, now the biggest event funded on Kickstarter. I made Playfic, Supercut.org, Kind of Bloop, and Upcoming.org, write a weekly column for Wired.com, worked on Expert Labs/ThinkUp, and helped build Kickstarter.
Laura Baldwin O'Reilly's Pres working to help O'Reilly help change the world.
- Author, interesting in teaching better and learning better. Oh, and hot technologies.
Ilana Ben-Ari @IlanaBenAri I am a toy designer and social entrepreneur @21Toys www.twentyonetoys.com: designing toys as tools for the 21st-Century. I love all things co-working and co-living. I share a circus loft with 5 artists and performers in Montreal (Canada) and work part time at the Centre for Social Innovation in Toronto (with over 400 social enterprises). I'm also a karaoke dj and a recovering hyphen addict. Talk to me about everything and anything, but especially anything education-revolution-and-play. (http://www.scoop.it/t/education-revolution-mass-creativity-and-play)
- Kickstarter Data Engineer, R / ggplot2 enthusiast, former copyright activist, rubiks cuber, semi-professional photographer, avid single speed cyclist. I've also taught both graduate and undergraduate classes at NYU and occasionally contribute to Wired magazine. @fredbenenson --blog
- MIT grad student, co-creator of the programming language Julia. Interested in big data and easy-to-use supercomputing (though Julia is not specifically a "big data language"). Wants to take dynamic languages to a new level.
- @mattb co-founder of Dopplr, acquired by Nokia in 2009. Was Head of Data Strategy for Location & Commerce Apps at Nokia in Berlin, now freelancing in London on data-science projects and working on the next big thing. Hackdiary blog
- @peterbihr, co-founder of Third Wave, a small strategy consultancy in Berlin. Also, co-organizer of events like Cognitive Cities Conference, Ignite Berlin, TEDxKreuzberg & atoms&bits Festival. Personal blog at thewavingcat.com.
- @ginablaber, VP of Conferences at O'Reilly. Currently focused on O'Reilly's new Strata Rx event, along with significant new elements of other O'Reilly events.
- @zackbogue - Co-founder and Managing Partner of Data Collective, @dcvc. Co-founder and Managing Partner of Founders Den, @FoundersDen. Longtime investor and advisor in Big, Medium and Medium-Well Data; environmentalist.
- @atduskgreg gregborenstein.com Artist, researcher, and teacher in NYC. I use movie visual effects techniques as an artistic medium and am obsessed with turning computer science research into creative tools for artists and designers Makematics. I wrote the Kinect book for O'Reilly and teach at NYU ITP. Also working on using the Kinect for automatic tracking of involuntary motion disorders GAGE Motion.
- @tobyjoe is a partner and CTO at Control Group - a shop doing private, civic, and open-source tech projects. Heavy focus on design technology, R&D, and product creation. Also an O'Reilly author and FooCamp vet. Recent focus is on personal digital and physical signal processing for public and private good.
- @cbracy co-runs the Obama campaign's SF-based Tech Field Office. Grew up at the Berkman Center. Managed the Knight Foundation's 2011 News Challenge.
- @kippworks is Engineering Faculty at Brown University, fellow at Philadelphia University, visiting lecturer at RISD, and founder of industrial-strength open-source manufacturer kippkitts, LLC. Technical Advisor to Make Magazine, and also a black maker. Occasionally pressed into action as the Make Technical Editor too. I got laughed at for starting a manufacturing company in Rhode Island. Crazy? I'm afraid of spiders but not afraid of failure.
- @gbrockway was co-founder/ceo of TripIt (acquired last year), co-founder/product Hotwire (acquired in 2003). I'm currently recharging my batteries and thinking about identity, the internet of things and why travel is still so darn hard (can't help myself!).
- @jenniferbrook Independent maker of lovely things: mobile, books, systems. Teaches design @thenewschool. Previously @method_inc and @nytimes. Taking the summer off to travel in Asia.
- Data Editor at Forbes Magazine. I write about data, build visualizations and manage some of the databases that underlie our coverage of people, places and companies. @JonBruner
- @avibryant Co-founder/CEO Dabble DB, acquired by Twitter. Built the data team for Twitter's ads group, now resting up before starting a new team at Etsy. Long-time Smalltalker and Rubyist and language implementation geek, newly interested in Hadoop & ML. Last Foo Camp was in 2006.
- @brettb Founder/CEO Pixelpipe/Pi.pe We provide services that allow for the free exchange of media & content accross web services. Liberate Your Media with Pi.pe!
- Director of Professional Development & Innovative Initiatives in the Division of Learning Technologies, and an Associate Professor of English, at Virginia Tech. Blogging at Gardner Writes. Expressing my dreams and frustrations all over the Internet: a free sample of both can be found at "No Digital Facelifts: Thinking the Unthinkable about Open Educational Experiences". Long bio at the EDUCAUSE website.
- @luxelife at Twitter. What's on my mind the most lately: speech technologies, scaling out to more languages and markets, tying my work to my values and broader vision, striving to be a better leader, women leaders in tech, organizational culture, Cabernet Franc. I'm a Senior Program Manager Lead at Microsoft, working on scalable data collection and machine learning with a great team.
- @tcarmody at Twitter & Snarkmarket, a group blog with Robin Sloan and Matt Thompson. Currently a writer covering tech and media for The Verge. Formerly the same at Wired and before that, a college literature teacher. It's my first Foo Camp.
- @marcelcary, ExpectNation conference software, Rails, offline web apps, new world vs. ancient heritage
- I'm @j3, the principal at Jumpstart Lab, and co-creator of Hungry Academy at LivingSocial in DC. Formerly a public school teacher and administrator, I'm working to bring more people into software development.
- @sebchan and Fresh & New. Recent migrant to NYC working as Director of Digital & Emerging Media at Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum. Previously based in Sydney. I've been working at the pointy end of making museums, libraries and cultural institutions adapt and grow by opening their data, connecting their research, and creating participatory experiences. Also involved in Gov2.0 stuff and a not so secret parallel life in electronic music. This is my first FooCamp (although I did go to KiwiFoo).
- @tomcoates Just starting up Product Club. Ex R&D at the BBC, Ex-Head of Product, Yahoo Brickhouse. Also did Fire Eagle and worked at Time Out and helped out a few start-ups, like Lanyrd, Weathermob, Recollect and Massive Health. Used to have a blog. Cares about social software, web of data, mundane computing, network enabled objects, service design for physical objects and the like.
- @gunzalis London-based digital publishing entrepreneur (Enhanced Editions; Bookseer; Pottermore; Odyssey Editions) who made the switch to move to CA (and join Safari Books Online as VP Product) after a series of events begun at last year's FOO...
- @patrickc. Founder/CEO Stripe. I like Lisp and Smalltalk.
- Experience Design Director at GE. Speaker, designer, strategist. Former VP of Experience and Mobile at Razorfish & lead designer at Adaptive Path. I like to poke things with sticks. Interested in discussing experience design, internet of things, and the industrial internet. Also, beer.
- @andrewcrow. About Me 661-644-6111
- 16 y/o Founder of Summly
- @liza. VP of Engineering at Safari Books Online. Co-founder of publishing tech startups Threepress & Ibis Reader. Enthusiast for new and old ways of telling stories.
- Web geek, cofounder of @thinkupapp & @activateinc, columnist in @wired, blogs at dashes.com.
- @pablod. Product Manager at Safari Books Online. Formerly of Open Road Media and Tor Books/Tor.com. Designer and (print and e-)bookmaker with a soft spot for comics.
Michael E Driscoll
- @edd +Edd Dumbill data, open source, wisdom, productivity. I chair Strata and OSCON at O'Reilly, where I'm a part of the Radar team. I blog at eddology and O'Reilly Radar.
- @daeaves open data, open source, negotiation, community management & gov 2.0. I'm an independent writer/consultant involved advising several governments and businesses, involved in some start ups and open source communities. I blog at eaves.ca and TechPresident.
William Etundi Jr.
- Founder & CEO of Artists Wanted. I'm intensely curious about the intersection of culture / technology / theology and the three-hundred-year view. Previously, I was a founding member of MayFirst.org and the guy behind TheDanger.
- @abdelazer Food and digital publishing geek. Director of Engineering at Safari Books Online. Co-developed Ibis Reader, an offline-capable HTML5 ebook reader.
- @faludi. Digi International's Collaborative Strategy Leader. XBee radio guru of sorts. Teacher at NYU ITP and SVA MFA Interaction Design. O'Reilly author. Talk to me about what makes a data feed great, or how to make a dry ice martini.
- old hat startup human, automater of all things, director of technical operations @meetup occasional chatter @merrillbeth worker maker @artifactry
- Product Intern at Flipboard, 2012 Thiel Fellow.
- Head of The Data Liberation Front and Transparency Engineering at Google. Opener of Source. Co-Founder of ORD Camp and resident Chicagophile. fitz on Google+ and @therealfitz on Twitter. 98% certain that Ben Huh is a werewolf.
- @adfm makezine.com blogger, Foo Crew, flat-pack telepresence robots, solar mesh lighting, whisky tasting
- I like to code, to learn, and to teach. I worked in Google Developer Relations for 5 years, spent the last year mostly hacking on EatDifferent.com, and now I'm getting back into the world of teaching via GirlDevelopIt. Also love: crossfit, sidewalk chalk, (paleo) cooking, etymology, arts+crafts, playgrounds.
- I’m usually found at the intersection of living Venn diagrams: between silicon designers and open source coders; scientists and business execs; Gringo’s and Latin Americans; and once, between a veterinarian and a really, really angry silverback gorilla. +JohnFritz, @johnfritz
- I like writing code for robots. Until very recently, I was Director of Open Source Development at Willow Garage. I'm currently setting up Open Source Robotics Foundation, Inc., an independent non-profit company doing robot software development.
- Associate Professor, University of Toronto; I work on medieval books and the impact, economic, social, and intellectual, of the shift to print; I also think a bit about 'reading' digital surrogates of (old) books, e.g., this project
- Producer, Maker Faire  - interested in collaborative work environments, multifunctional flow charts to streamline logistics and platforms that foster hands on learning and make more makers. And, of course, great conversations, laughter, good food and wine!
- UC Berkeley Prof -- Research in Robotics, Social Media, Art -- Cloud Robotics African Robotics Network and the upcoming "$10 Robot" Design Challenge,
- Kaggle Profile founder and CEO of Kaggle.
- @julietgo, communications director at Etsy. I am interested in how to better measure the impact of the peer economy. Former NYT and PBS.
- @dgoroff Mathematician & Economist, former Harvard Prof & Harvey Mudd VP, former OSTP AD & Poincaré fanatic. Currently in the public goods business at the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
- CEO and Co-founder of Kodowa and creator of Light Table. @ibdknox on twitter and ibdknox on github. 
- CEO of VidCon and DFTBA Records. Net 250 million views on YouTube through vlogbrothers, scishow, crashcourse, truthorfail, etc. Voted best dancer at Winter Park High School in 2002. @hankgreen. First Foo.
- Program Director at the Sloan Foundation, focused on Data & Computational Research and Scholarly Communication. Formerly of NYPL, GMU's Center for History and New Media. Expert on history of video stores. @epistemographer, personal site left to seed.
- Beach-bumming in Hawaii and boat-bumming in the Bay Area having spent my last 8 years building a product design company and engineering Public Sculpture. Instinct Engineering In the midst of a mini-retirement and looking for my next project.
- @gulley Design Lead/Community Wrangler for MathWorks (Massachusetts). I'm interested in collaborative coding and getting engineers to tell stories to each other. See Cody the coding game, and the MATLAB Programming Contest. Second Google result for ten minutes. Personal Blog
- I'm flying in from Somerville, MA for my first ever foo camp and am excited to have conversations about nature, technology, and when the two should be and should not be mixed. You can find me on the internet at @chuck_ha and my code at the githubs!
- @whisperspace I do work on the automated generation of narratives from data. Mostly AI background with a more recent focus on journalism as well as issues of extracting and communicating insight from data. On leave from Northwestern University. Currently CTO of Narrative Science.
- @hillary +Hillary Hartley - early adopter, coworking, geek mom working to help government (Utah.gov, Maryland.gov, + 25 more) understand and use emerging technology at NIC Inc. | EGOV.com
- @adamharv ahprojects.com Privacy freak, photographer and artist. Creator of cvdazzle.com and anti-paparazzi clutch Flying from NYC
- @marcprecipice VP Engineering at Etsy. Recently organized Etsy's Hacker Grants program, with Hacker School, to help bring more women into Internet engineering jobs. Formerly co-founder of Wesabe and Popular Power. I've also worked at O'Reilly, Lucasfilm, and Organic. Privacy freak, just like Adam Harvey (we recruit); showing up from Brooklyn.
Bjoern Lasse Herrmann
- Startup Genome Transforming the business world from gut driven to data driven
- @BillHiggins I'm flying in from Research Triangle Park North Carolina and am looking forward to connecting some dots. I work at IBM and help lead our cloud computing technology, our alignment with the DevOps movement, and general innovation topics.
- @sheofdc Day job: lead counsel to Data.gov, Challenge.gov, Apps.gov, USA.gov, HowTo.gov, FedRAMP, Kids.gov, and @Mobile_Gov. Weekend job: concert pianist and teacher.
- CEO and founder of Citia  -At the forefront of digital publishing. Follow @lmholliday and @gocitia 
Krisztina "Z" Holly
- @krisztinaholly bio Former engineer and tech entrepreneur now heading up innovation at USC. Active in national policy and passionate about developing new models that replicate and scale. Curator and creator of first-ever TEDx event, TEDxUSC. Formerly founding director of MIT's Deshpande Center. My favorite things: backcountry skiing, mountain biking, hot spring hunting, and (most recently) skydiving. Always looking for "authentic" food recommendations in LA!
- @ahoppin; Managing Partner @ New Amsterdam Ideas: dedicated to driving open platforms and standards into the long-tail of government via Drupal, CiviCRM, and CKAN; Board of Directors at open civic platforms NGO OpenPlans; Pontifications on open platforms, open data and open government from a govgeek: GlobeHoppin; one of the remnant shards of my former life as a space geek: Moonfront
- VP Product, Google+
- @jeremyphoward; Prez/Chief Scientist @ Kaggle; Founder FastMail (bought by Opera Software); Founder Optimal Decisions (bought by Lexis Nexis); #1 ranked Kaggle competitor 2010 & 2011; Perl and C# hacker; Ex-management consultant (McKinsey, AT Kearney), now nearly fully recovered; Lover of motorcycling and yoga, but not always at the same time; 我会说普通话；跟我谈一谈吧！
- @jasonHoyt, Co-founder/CEO of PeerJ a new academic journal, launching 12th June, that lets academics publish research for life at just $99. My co-founder is Pete Binfield, who previously ran the world's largest journal, PLoS ONE. In PeerJ, all research is peer-reviewed and freely available (Open Access) making it a stark contrast from the subscription model that puts research paid for by the public behind expensive pay-walls. Previously came from Mendeley where I was Chief Scientist. I received my Ph.D. in Genetics from Stanford University, where I researched gene & stem cell therapy. I like hoppy ales, music you don't like, and live in London, UK.
- @dashching Policy nerd. Think tank researcher at the Center on Budget. On leave law academic. Previously a commercial tax lawyer. New Zealander.
- @hugs Teaching robots to play Angry Birds on an iPad. Top Google search result for "Steel cage knife fight". Challenging LEGO hegemony with lasers and open source building toys. Creator, Selenium web testing tool. Co-founder, CTO, Sauce Labs
- @jsquare website Artist/Coder. Researcher at the High Low Tech at the MIT Media Lab. Working on open-source programing methods for digital fabrication. Come code laser-cut lamps with me at Foo: codeableObjects
Narciso Jaramillo (NJ)
- @notwebsafe. Interested in the intersection of design and development and tools for aiding the two. Started and currently working on Brackets at Adobe. Also play jazz piano (semi-competently) and Go (badly).
- CEO of Zite. Formerly of Bing through the Powerset acquisition. Twitter handle is @philosophygeek, 'cause I love philosophy.
- @mbkeating: Founder of Scoot Networks - shared, networked, electric motorscooters for everyday urban mobility. I am bringing two of our scoots for you to ride and hack on. Formerly of OpenPlans, the open source civic/mobility/geospatial organization.
Lorelei Kelly @loreleikelly. Piloting Smart Congress at the Open Tech Institute of the New America Foundation. Goal is to re engineer the information system of the US Congress via distributed expertise and new institutional convening methods so we have a modern and evidence based legislature. M I am also national security wonk, blogger. Want world peace and am willing to wear a suit to get it! Live in DC. From Bay Area.
- Cofounder and CEO of Disconnect. Maker of Facebook Disconnect, Collusion for Chrome, and Frictionless. Current obsessions are “little data”, data visualization, and personal analytics.
- @sandersk Publishing Technology Engineer at O'Reilly, and author of HTML5 for Publishers. My main focus is on next-generation ebook development.
- @seekayel: Co-Founder of SeeClickFix. I'm helping to start a maker space MakeHaven, doing some amateur farming Piro Farm and improving my sailing skills.
- @BigData Chief Data Scientist, O'Reilly Media; math/stat/machine-learning; big data management tools; infoviz; developing world; finance; obscure data sources; signals intelligence
- Radar @mikeloukides O'Reilly Media, Radar blogger; data, programming, piano. I hear there will be a piano this year...
- Co-founder of FutureAdvisor, democratizing high quality investment advice for everyday people with software. Interested in HCI (where I worked as an undergrad) and chasing flying objects (I'll bring a frisbee).
- @runemadsen, I like making art with computers. Teaching a graduate class at ITP on algorithmic graphic design. Former interactive developer for the NYTimes and currently freelancing on top secret projects for O'Reilly. Originally from Denmark. It's my first Foo camp.
- @amcafee, Scientist at MIT. Trying to understand how the geeks are changing the business world, then explain it to the suits. Author of Enterprise 2.0 and co-author of Race Against the Machine. Currently interested in big data, 3D printing, robotics, AI and machine learning, and what role[s] human workers will play as technology continues to advance. Am bringing lots of questions and a frisbee to FOO.
- @ScottMcGrew First time Foo Camper, enthusiastic maker, TechShop member, Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year host and terrible small airplane pilot who has a day job covering technology and entrepreneurship for NBC in the San Francisco Bay Area. Though I am a reporter, please talk to me - what happens at Foo stays at Foo.
- Founder of Grannies, Inc., bringing granny-made knitwear to the people. Travelling from London for my 1st Foo Camp and very much looking forward to saying hello to California again (former UCSC CS student) @granniesinc If you want to learn to knit while at Foo Camp then come and speak to me!
- Biology graduate turned race car driver and environmental activist. Driver of the first ever ocean awareness race car at Daytona, featuring the Academy Award winning documentary "The Cove." Doing my best to inspire 75 million race fans to rethink their day to day habits for our planet. Never underestimate a vegetarian hippie chick with a race car. Carbon Free Girl This is my 1st FOO Camp! @LeilaniMunter
- Researcher at Stanford, hacker and occasional entrepreneur. I study data privacy, specializing in breaking data anonymization. Excited about Open Access, better collaboration tools, and other changes happening in science. @random_walker
- Director of Research, Google. Author of AI Textbook and co-teacher of online AI class.
- I made the animated feature film Sita Sings the Blues which I released under a Free Share-Alike license. I'm Artist-In-Residence at QuestionCopyright.org with whom I made Minute Memes, a series of short animations "reframing copyright one idea at a time." I'm working on a new feature, Seder-Masochism, and moving my focus from Fair Use and Free licensing to Civil Disobedience. I have a blog. This is my first Foo Camp!
- I am an automata sculptor, curricula designer and mechanical engineer. The focus of my work is constructing self-operating sculptural mechanisms, which are often called "automata" for use as art and educational purposes.
- I hosted Make: Television on Public Television and write for Make:. CG Supervisor at Disney. Author of Understanding 3D Animation Using Maya. I like to create things ranging from Arduino robots to homemade cocktail bitters. @johnedgarpark
- Pediatrician and Preventive Medicine specialist. I like rethinking what it means to go to the doctor and thinking up new ways to make healthcare more accessible, convenient, personal, and affordable.
- CTO of Simple. Formerly Platform Lead at Twitter. Co-author of Programming Scala (O'Reilly, 2009). Organizer of Emerging Languages Camp and programming language enthusiast. Online at @al3x and al3x.net
- @belpesce. Currently: Head of Biz Dev / Co-Founder Lemon. Formerly: Ooyala, Google, MSFT. Brazilian, MIT, Sandboxer, TED Fellow. 1st Foo Camp!
- Publisher at O'Reilly Media. @lauriep Code, Hidden Internet Economy
- Co-director of the National Neighborhood Indicators Partnership NNIP, social policy researcher at the Urban Institute, re-packager of federal data UI Data Repository
- Author of an introduction to electronics titled Make:Electronics published by O'Reilly; author of an upcoming Encyclopedia of Electronic Components (three volumes).
- Tech By Superwomen Founder, @catpoetry. Alaskan, just moved to the bay and joined the Adobe team! I love social tech and its ability to inspire, empower and connect.
- @deanputney The Johnny Appleseed of weird awesomeness. Software developer for Boing Boing. Gifs. Ask to play my game.
- @allisonrandal Perl, Python, Debian, Ubuntu. Loving getting my hands dirty again in a startup. Studying astrophysics for fun.
- My webpage
- Engineer and artist studying people's relationships with technology Boxie the robot
- @harper - Obama for America CTO. Currently shipping.
- Trying to not make news
- @jenville Old school web designer (GNN in 1993); author of web design books for O'Reilly; currently Digital Product Designer for O'Reilly Media; interviewer of rock stars; I like to make things.
Bryce Roberts Co-Founder/Managing Director at OATV
- @mroth, Head of Product at Bitly, previously at Flickr. Occasionally hacks on lulz-oriented nerdy side projects such as lolcommits. Recovering sneaker collector.
- @rroumeliotis Editor at O'Reilly, looking to learn more about mobile development, Perl, PHP, Python, and Microsoft and love to talk great TV and sci-fi/fantasy novels
- After 10 years at Walmart I've just left to start yerdle, with the very simple mission of making sharing with your friends as easy as buying online. At Walmart I led global strategy and then launched their sustainability efforts, and integrated Walmart.com with the stores. But the sustainability effort deeply affected me and I left because of the enormous opportunity to radically change the way we shop. The world just isn't changing fast enough. So here we go. We're heads down in development on yerdle now, building large-scale retail partnerships and preparing for a launch in the Fall. Check it out; recent video. Would love to talk about shopping, sharing and the evolving economy!
- @laurelatoreilly Director of Talent (speaker and author relations) at O'Reilly Media. Homebrewer, foodie, farmer in the city.
- My website
- Design, writing, ideas, consumer electronics, appliances, robots. Author of design books. Director of Interaction Design at Smart Design. First Time FOOer.
- @twhb, CTO of IMDb Interested in 3D printing, improv, electronics, humor, story-telling, online communities, movies and television (of course), gaming.
- @rachelsklar, Writer/social entrepreneur, co-founder Change The Ratio & keeper of TheLi.st; media columnist/founding editor HuffPo & Mediaite, keeping a toe in of late at Politico/Forbes/Mother Jones; advisor to early-stage startups (The Daily Muse, Lover.ly, Votizen, Vox Media, Honestly Now, TeachAIDS.org; singer of showtunes; Canadian. Figured out how to code this bio by copy-pasting from Andy Baio. Figuring things out as I go.
- @peteskomoroch My mission is to create intelligent systems that help people make better decisions. Principal Data Scientist at LinkedIn & creator of LinkedIn Skills. Addicted to hard problems. Interested in news, robotics, neuroscience, & behavior. Blog at Datawrangling.com
- @haxor Co-founder, Engineering lead of Google Consumer Surveys. Formerly engineer on App Engine. Co-creator of the PubSubHubbub protocol. My content lives at onebigfluke.com.
- Hi! Serial entrepreneur: Teradata (database), iPivot (networking equipment & security), Tarari (deep packet inspection silicon and software) and more like mobile apps and location based services. --- Angel investor (very active). --- TEQUILA! --- Restaurants with Pizza Patron pizza chain and Solare Italian ristorante. --- MUSIC! Trusting Havoc. --- Happy.
Simon St. Laurent
- @jstogdill • Work: Recent big systems integrator refugee, now O'Reilly Radar chief antenna tuner. @ O'Reilly Radar. I like to make pictures.
- @damienstolarz • Work: Aggregating Tech Patents @ RPX Corp. Currently I starve patent trolls for a living.
Aaron Straup Cope
- @thisisaaronland and thisisaaronland - senior engineer (Internets and the Computers) at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum. Before that, senior engineer at Flickr (for like a thousand years) responsible for all things geo, machinetag and galleries related. In between Director of Inappropriate Project Names (and design technologist) at Stamen Design responsible for the prettymaps and map=yes projects. Determined to make Tom Coates embrace the term "smobject". Also, Parallel Flickr, building=yes and the Spinny Bar Historical Society.
-  professor at University of Michigan.  founder of UM Center for Health Communications Research. founder of HealthMedia, Inc.  working on graphic novel on finding a life purpose. love history and philosophy of science, skiing, travel, learning to kite board (still suck)
- @kaythaney; head of partnerships for Digital Science, a tech company designing tools and incubating start-ups serving the scientific research community; former manager of the science wing at Creative Commons; co-chair of Strata Conf in London; co-organiser of Science Foo Camp; and as of late, can be found advising the UK government on digital infrastructure and data-intensive research.
- @nosuchtim; Software engineer, musician, and installation artist. Grew up with Unix at Bell Labs, and growing as an artist at Burning Man, creating interactive instruments like a 12' high lyre and an 11' high monolith. Most recent creation is Space Palette, a musical and visual instrument using the Kinect. Home page at timthompson.com.
Diederik Van Liere
- Liberates data at Wikipedia (product manager analytics) @dvanliere, loves data in all shapes and forms.
- Early internet investor (icq, answers.com, others ), israel ,sweet spot: ,consumer facing, viral distribution first investment. follower of the foocamp format
- chloeveltman.com, @chloeveltman; arts journalist and producer/host of VoiceBox, weekly syndicated public radio series and podcast about the human voice. voicebox-media.org, @voicebox_media
Karl von Randow
- @avon; lead developer of Camera+ for iPhone, developer of Charles Proxy, co-founder of Cactuslab and Letterboxd.com - a startup social website for sharing opinions about film.
- @bradleyvoytek • Zombie brain expert • Neuroscientist studying cognitive brain machine interfaces, cognitive enhancement, neuroplasticity • Automated science researcher and brainSCANr co-creator • Uber data scientist and "big data" tinkerer • Science outreach advocate and AAAS Early Career Award for Public Engagement with Science finalist • Husband and dad
- Space exploration, science hacker, interaction design, web citizen. Creator of Spacehack.org and global instigator of Science Hack Day. Always collaborating with different industries/disciplines in search of massively exciting projects. More about me at arielwaldman.com or follow @arielwaldman.
- @pwang Co-founder of Continuum Analytics, working on liberating data with Python and empowering scientists & statisticians with interactive visualization. Background in physics, computer graphics. Interested in almost everything except spectator sports. Not actually an intellectual dilettante, I just like to use the prefix "meta" a lot.
- @kevinweil Lead revenue products at Twitter, ultra marathon runner and cyclist, Chief Paper Cutter to @elizabeth. Anyone wanna do some crossfit one morning?
- @elizabeth • Work: Culture & Design at Twitter. • Play: Ultra-marathon runner. • Work & Play: Letterpress printer, founder, designer Paperwheel Press & @paperwheel. • One take on this intersection: Paperwheel WSJ article.
- Founder of Instuctables, which was acquired by Autodesk; now director of communities for Autodesk. Kitesurfer, ultra-marathoner. Follows an ancestral diet, but cooks it sous vide.
- @sarawinge VP, Radar at O'Reilly, Foo Camp instigator. Curiouser and curiouser.
- @adamwitwer Director, Publishing Technology. Publishing tools (traditional and not so much), the future of the book, typography, gaming.
- @joebot Leads Product at Airbnb. Former research scientist in DNA computing. Music nut.